It's always annoying when the unit charges badly. Fortunately, you can easily find out what the problem is by following the steps below.
It's unlikely that the parent unit itself is defective, it's more likely that there is something wrong with one of the components.
You can figure this out for yourself by following the steps below:
First, make sure that the adapter is not connected.
Then open the cover on the back of the parents' unit.
Check whether the contact points which make contact with the batteries on the parent unit are touching the batteries properly.
If this is not the case or if you are unsure, remove the batteries and use a small flat screwdriver to bend the contacts a little so that they make better contact with the batteries when you insert them.
Make sure the battery is placed, close the battery cover and connect the adapter.
You may now switch on the parent unit
- It is possible that the charging contacts between the charger and the receiver no longer make good contact because they have become dirty. You can try to clean them with alcohol.
- If that does not work, you can always try to clean the contacts by sanding them with a fine piece of sandpaper.
- The battery contacts in the receiver can be dirty or slightly corroded, you can try to clean them by spinning the batteries in the unit, or lightly sanding them with a fine sandpaper.
- It is also possible that the contact in the docking station does not come up far enough, this could be caused by dirt. Blow it clean and, if necessary, raise it by pressing and releasing it.
- It is also possible that the batteries are bad, replace them with new rechargeable batteries.
- If the above does not work, there may be a defect in the power adapter or the charging cradle.
In many cases we have parts in stock so we can help you.
If you still have warranty, please submit a repair request via this link:
Of course this is not a repair, but this form gives us all the information we need to help you.
Please make sure that you clearly state in the description of the complaint, in addition to the complaint itself, that you would be helped with a new adapter/charger box or batteries.
We will then immediately ship them to you if they are in stock.
If your warranty has expired, it is possible to purchase spare parts via our website.
If you have any additional questions, you can always contact us via the service section on this website.
Please state the complaint clearly so that we can provide you with the best possible service.